open to US/CA only
To earn the Rank of General you must accept a very special mission...
The mission is to get TEN into as many bookstores as possible. Undertaking this special op will earn you a promotion to the rank of General in the Army of Ten. Should you accept the assignment, your orders will be:
1. Locate a bookstore (indie or chain) that does not have TEN on its shelves or on order as of September 18, 2012. You must wait until this date to start working on earning the rank of General.
2. Email Central Command (SUBJECT LINE: Target) and report that this bookstore is your intended target. Please give it's Name, Address and Phone number! (Once a bookstore has been claimed, no other soldier may target it.)
3. The idea is to share your enthusiasm for TEN with the manager or owner. Talk about the online buzz. Show them the flyer. Emphasize the awesome jacket blurb by the awesome Christopher Pike. Show them that there's an audience and a market for this book. Hopefully, that will convince them to order a few copies for the store.
4. Once it's on their shelves, report back to Central Command (Subject Line: Mission Complete) to let us know, so we can begin verification.
(I know, it's a pain in the ass, but the prize is worth it...)
- one (1) signed TEN bookmark
- one (1) Army of Ten dog tag
- one (1) TEN bookplate
- one (1) TEN button
- thirty (30) entries into the gift bag giveaway,
PLUS... If you have successfully completed your mission to get TEN into a bookstore that did not previously have it on order, you will get your name in the Acknowledgements for Gretchen's next book 3:59 (Fall 2013 from Balzer + Bray).
However, this special medal is only available to the first forty (40) Generals, so ten-hup!
The Fine Print:
-Must Be 13+ to enter
-Not Responsible for lost or stolen packages
-All prizes are US/CAN shipping only EXCEPT for the rank of Private which is open Internationally!
- One entry per person/ per house hold